Dr. Emmanuel De La Cruz is a Houston Plastic Surgeon, fully trained in general surgery as well as cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Dr. De La Cruz, a Filipino American, entered college at the age of 15 and received his Bachelor’s degree from Texas Tech University, where he graduated summa cum laude, majoring in Cellular and Molecular Biology with a minor in Biochemistry. He successfully balanced his studies with volunteer work at the Texas Mental Health & Mental Retardation Center in Lubbock, Texas.
Following four years of medical school training in Houston at the University of Texas, where he earned the Frank Webber Prize in medical research, Dr. De La Cruz spent the next several years in California, where he successfully completed a rigorous training in general surgery at Loma Linda University. During his third year as a surgery resident, he developed the “Celtic cross technique” for immediate umbilical reconstruction, which was published in the Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery, one of the world’s leading international journals in reconstructive surgery. Dr. De La Cruz was subsequently board-certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Dr. De La Cruz pursued further training in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at the Georgia Health & Sciences University (formerly known as Medical College of Georgia), where he honed his skills in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. At the Georgia Health & Sciences University, he refined his techniques in breast reconstruction (Free TRAM, DIEP free flaps), craniofacial surgery, abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), liposuction and fat grafting, breast augmentation (breast implant surgery), facelift, rhinoplasty, facial rejuvenation with BOTOX®/dermal fillers, and other aspects of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. With over nine years of surgical training, Dr. De La Cruz also served as Chief Surgery Resident in Plastic Surgery, and scored 94th percentile nationally on the 2010 Plastic Surgery Inservice Examination. He is currently the Chief of Plastic Surgery at Red Oak Hospital in Houston, TX.
He pursued further training in advanced lipoplasty techniques and in High Definition Body Sculpting in Bogota, Colombia with Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the pioneer of the 4D VASER Hi-Definition Liposculpture. There he refined his surgical skills in 4D VASER High Definition Liposculpture.
As sculptor and painter, Dr. De La Cruz blends art and plastic surgery to create natural, beautiful results for his cosmetic surgery patients. Under the tutelage of a world renowned French sculptor, Philippe Faraut, Dr. De La Cruz further honed his skills in advanced body sculpting.
EMMANUEL DE LA CRUZ MD, PLLC
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Residency
94th percentile nationally, Plastic Surgery Inservice Examination
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
General Surgery Residency
Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA
Hand & Microsurgery Fellowship
OHSU School of Medicine Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Portland, Oregon
4D VASER High Definition Body Sculpting/Liposuction
Program Director: Alfredo Hoyos, M.D.
University of Texas Medical School Houston, TX
C. Frank Webber Prize for Medical Research
Texas Tech University Lubbock, TX
Bachelor of Science in Cellular & Molecular Biology
Minor in Biochemistry
Summa Cum Laude Graduate
Licensure & Certification
- Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery
- Medical Board of Georgia
- Texas Medical Board
- Medical Board of California
- United States Medical Licensing Examination Steps 1, 2 & 3
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certified
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Certified
Awards & Distinctions
- "We Are One" Humanitarian Award in Stockholm, SwedenJanuary 2017
- St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital "Helping Hand" Humanitarian Award, 2016
- Chief of Plastic Surgery, Red Oak Hospital 2014
- 94th percentile, 2010 Plastic Surgery Inservice Examination
- Member, Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Judge, Miss Teen World 2011
- TV Show guest at Al Dia, 2014
- TV Show guest at Latina Spice, 2012
- Invented the "Celtic-Cross Technique" for Umbilical Reconstruction (Belly Button Procedure)
- Surgical Residency Advisory Council, Loma Linda University
- General Surgery Residency Review Committee, LLUMC
- Frank C. Webber Prize for Medical Research, University of Texas Medical School Research Convention
- Summa Cum Laude Graduate, Texas Tech University
- President’s Honor Roll & Dean’s List, Texas Tech University
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society
- Golden Key National Honors Society
- Texas Tech University Department of Biological Sciences Honors
- Texas Mental Health & Mental Retardation Center Award of Excellence