4D VASER Hi-Def LIPOSUCTION
What is a VASER?
- VASER stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance. It's is a 3rd-generation ultrasound-assisted lipocustion tool that delivers energy in pulses through a specially designed probe. The Vaser instrument used during surgery liquefies the fat and allows the surgeon to target specific areas of the body.
- The VASER device is capable of selectively delivering ultrasound energy to liquefy the fat in the body without damaging other types of tissues. Once the fat has been melted, it can be suctioned out of the body through very small 2.2 mm to 3.7 mm sized cannulae without causing great trauma to the surrounding tissue structures. Thus, the incisions made are less than 5mm in size.
What is the 4D VASER Hi-Definition Liposuction?
- The 4 D High-definition liposuction, also known as hi-definition liposuction, hi-definition liposculpture, or simply hi-def lipo, is a surgical procedure that involves suctioning excess fat out of target areas of the body to create a slim, muscular and athletic appearance in different areas of the body.
- This procedure may involve transferring fat to different areas of the body, such as the chest muscles in men or buttock in women (Brazilian Butt Lift), to enhance one's features.
- Typically the procedure may involve liposculpture of the arms, abdomen, flanks, back, and possibly thighs. This would be based on an individual basis since every patient is different.
- Make sure your plastic surgeon is certified and trained to perform the 4D VASER High-Definition liposculpture.
- Dr. De La Cruz learned the art of the 4D VASER High-Definition Body Sculpting with Dr. Alfredo Hoyos in Bogota, Colombia in addition to 9 years of surgical training in Plastic Surgery, General Surgery and Microsurgery in the United States.
- As of September of 2015, there are only 17 plastic surgeons in the United States who are trained and certified by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos to perform the 4D VASER Hi-Definition Liposculpture (based on 4D certified plastic surgeons list from Dr. Hoyos.)
Find Out More Or Schedule A Free Consultation
Call Today For A Free, No-Obligation Consultation!
Get The Body You Want!
What are the procedures involved in a 4D VASER High-Defintiion Liposculpture?
- This procedure consists of high-definition liposculpting of the abdomen, flanks, back, arms, and possibly the thighs or chest in men with gynecomastia. This procedure also involves reshaping the buttock in women as well which would involve either liposculpture or fat transfer to the buttock. In men, fat may be transferred to the deltoids to improve the shoulders or to the chest to create a more masculine pectoralis muscle.
- The extent of the procedure varies from individual to individual since every patient is different. Dr. De La Cruz will tailor the procedure based on the patient's body habitus and based on what the patient desires.
What is the difference between VASER liposuction versus Traditional Liposuction?
- Recent randomized clinical trials showed that the VASER liposuction is superior over traditional liposuction methods. With the VASER liposuction, there is LESS BLEEDING, and MORE SKIN RETRACTION compared to traditional liposuction methods. 
 Nagy, et al. A multicenter, prospective, randomized, single-blind, controlled clinical trial comparing VASER-assisted Lipoplasty and suction-assisted Lipoplasty. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery 2012 Apr;129(4):681e-9e
- There's also less contour irregularities with the VASER liposuction in the hands of an experienced plastic surgeon. Dr. De La Cruz refined and honed his lipoplasty techniques, especially the 4D VASER liposuction, under the tutelage of Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the pioneer of the 4D VASER High-Definition liposculpture.
How large are the incisions?
- Dr. De La Cruz' stealth incisions are approximately 5mm in length. They are so-called "stealth" since they are placed hidden to the naked eye.
The 4D VASER Difference
- There are key differences between the 4D VASER Hi-Definition liposculpture and the regular traditional liposuction. Although both utilizes tumescent anesthesia to minimize bleeding and to reduce pain after surgery, the 4D VASER Hi-Definition liposculpture differs from the traditional liposuction based on the pre-operative markings, which is critically important to sculpt and mold the body to a more athletic figure.
- Another key difference is that the VASER liposuction results in more skin retraction, less contour irregularities and less bleeding during surgery. It's definitely a much more superior liposuction technique than the traditional liposuction methods and SMART Liposuction.
What are the Risks and Complications?
- More than 70,000 VASER procedures have been performed without serious complications in the hands of a trained plastic surgeon certified to perform the VASER liposuction procedure.  However, because high-definition liposculpture is a surgical procedure, there are still risks involved, such as bleeding, bruising, swelling, scarring, infection, and negative reactions to the anesthesia.
 Jewell, M; Fodor, PB; De Souza Pinto, EB; Al Shammari, MA (2002). "Clinical application of VASER-assisted lipoplasty: A pilot clinical study". Aesthetic Surgery Journal 22 (2): 131–46.
- There were no burn complications, contour irregularities or prolonged swelling seen in one clinical study. These procedures were all performed by plastic surgeons certified to perform the VASER liposuction procedure.
Where is the procedure performed?
- The procedure is performed in an accredited surgical facility with a board-certified anesthesiologist. The surgery is NOT performed in the clinic. The SAFETY of the patient is the PRIMARY CONCERN and GOAL of our practice at De La Cruz Plastic Surgery.
What is the Recovery of the Procedure?
- Patients go home after their surgery and typically followed up by Dr. De La Cruz the next day.
- Patients typically return to their normal routines within 7–10 days after their high-definition liposculpture procedure. Some patients may go back to work within 7 days depending on the occupation of the patient.
- Within two weeks, a moderate level of exercise can be resumed. Strenuous exercise is not recommended for a least one month after the 4D VASER liposculpture.
DE LA CRUZ PLASTIC SURGERY
The Galleria Clinic
1980 Post Oak Boulevard Suite 1500
Houston, TX 77056
The Woodlands Clinic
2219 Sawdust Road #1203
The Woodlands, TX 77380